Salary: $13.00 /hour
IMMEDIATE opening for an experienced Maintenance Worker for a select service hotel in Mechanicsburg,, PA. Salary $13 per hour, 30 to 35 hours per week. Maintenance will include, repairing tools, lawn and pool equipment; Also ensuring that all furniture, appliances, and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order. See additional maintenance in summary below.
Responsible for maintaining the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by ensuring all furniture, appliances, and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards
- Repairs and replaces Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning systems such as individual air conditioning units, as needed
- Cleans and maintains the hotel’s exterior spaces such as the parking lot, swimming pool, and landscaping
- Responsible for offering assistance to guests whenever possible
- Resolves escalated customer relations issues
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Responsible for addressing guest requests and ensuring customers are satisfied with the hotel’s services and accommodations
- Responsible for positively representing and promoting the property
- Ensures the systems and procedures are in place and followed by guest safety and security
- Assists the guests and staff with anything that they may need regarding maintenance
- Assists other maintenance engineers, as needed
- Responsible for securing all tools, equipment, and supplies after use
- Reports any major repair issues or requests to the Maintenance Manager or General Manager
- Responsible for completing snow removal
- Responsible for pool maintenance if applicable
- Performs other related duties as assigned
The ideal candidate for this position
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software and spreadsheet software
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Repair tools
- Lawn equipment
- Pool equipment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and distance vision.
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary benefits
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted meals and hotel stay
- Holiday pay