Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
IMMEDIATE OPENING for a Regional Director of Sales and Marketing for a handful of select service hotels in and near Queensbury, NY. (REMOTE BASED BUT MUST LIVE IN AREA – hotels located within 90 minutes of each other). Salary $70K to $75K plus 10% bonus and partially paid benefits. Relocation assistance available. Must have at least years experience in a hotel sales, marketing and/or revenue management together with at least 2 of the following hotel brands: .Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Choice. Travel is required.
As Regional Director of Sales and Marketing, you will play a key role in developing and executing sales and marketing efforts for an assigned hotel portfolio. The primary objective of this role is to define and execute appropriate sales strategies, business development, revenue, marketing, advertising and sales support programs to maximize sales and profitability.
- Responsible for creating and executing the Sales and Marketing plan, Sales Expense Budget, revenue forecasting, advertising, and marketing for assigned hotels.
- Responsible for assisting General Managers/Sales Leaders in meeting budget expectations by participating in weekly revenue calls for each hotel.
- Direct all pre-sales & marketing responsibilities for conversion and new builds as directed by the company.
- Ensure successful openings by building strong relationships with franchise teams.
- Assist with recruitment and hiring of sales personnel.
- Ensure brand training is completed on time, provide training, management and coaching to sales personnel in order to meet company goals and maximize hotel revenues.
- Must develop and build relationships with key clients in order to produce multi-property revenue, to include all budgeted market segments.
- Train and monitor both the group and transient contractual agreement process, quoting rates, sending referrals, setting traces, as well as the management of retention, reactivation, and acquisition of accounts.
- Promote a high quality company image by demonstrating professionalism with clients and colleagues.
- Ensure compliance to brand standards related to sales initiatives.
- Develop, direct and execute marketing and action plans monthly and annually.
- Generate leads as necessary to solicit business in assigned markets.
- Follow up with clients to ensure guest satisfaction and repeat business.
- Travel will be required as necessary to support assigned hotels.
- Perform all other reasonable duties as assigned by the company including MOD or Property coverage as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality or Business preferred but not required. Equivalent experience would be acceptable.
- 5-7+ years of experience in a sales, marketing and/or revenue management role.
- The successful candidate will be energetic, persuasive and well organized.
- Ability to solve complex problems and make decisions.
- Ability to negotiate, prioritize and multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Must be proficient in MS Office.
- Multiple Brand Experience preferred (Hilton, Marriott, IHG, Choice).
- Sales Pro experience a plus.