Salary: $28,000.00 to $30,000.00 /year
IMMEDIATE OPENING for a select service hotel Front Office Manager in Laurel Maryland. Salary $28K to $30K depending on experience including medical benefits, 401K, (see below for entire list). Must have previous hotel front office experience (i.e. Assistant Front Office Manager).
The Front Office Manager will be in charge of creating the first experience of each hotel guest. Our Guest Service Representatives are responsible for checking guests into and out of the hotel in an accurate, speedy, and courteous manner, handling all payments received via cash, credit cards, checks, or traveler’s checks, and balancing and verifying all monetary transactions in the appropriate accounts. You will ensure that all hotel keys are distributed to the appropriate parties, guest privacy is maintained, and maintain all documentation regarding room registration, changes, charges, credit card transactions, customer service, and maintenance issues by performing the following duties.
What you will be doing
- Offers guests assistance whenever possible
- Resolves escalated customer relations issues
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies and services
- Responds to and follows up on all guest requests to ensure customers are satisfied with the hotels services and accommodations
- Represents and promotes the property in a positive manner
- Ensures systems and procedures are in place and followed for guest safety and security
- Ensures that the lobby and front desk area is clean, organized, visually appealing, and well stocked with all necessary supplies
- Compiles, completes, and distributes reports to all management and relevant staff
- Reports any maintenance, security, or safety issues to the appropriate staff.Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of word processing software, spreadsheet software, accounting software, and Brand computer systems
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Medical benefits
- Direct Deposit
- Voluntary benefits
- Free onsite parking
- Discounted meals and hotel stay
- Holiday pay