Salary: $125,000.00 /year
IMMEDIATE opening for an experienced Regional Controller for two hotels in the Borough of Queens, NY. Salary $125K plus 10% bonus. Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, hotel and multi property experience. Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, services and accounting. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience using/working with M3, OnQ, ADP a plus. MUST SHOW PREVIOUS JOB STABILITY.
The primary function of the Regional Controller is to oversee all financial systems, internal controls, financial reporting for the two hotels.
To perform the job successfully, an individual must be able to adhere to each of the essential duties satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to do so. Minimum 5 years degree, Accounting, Finance majors preferred. Excellent communication and time management skills. Team player with a “can do” attitude. While this is a primary desk job, candidate must be able to lift up to 35lbs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the operations of the Hotel accounting department, including strong managerial skills with the ability to train and develop the accounting staff in both properties.
- Manage the department to include, but not limited to managing special projects, monitoring and developing team member performance, providing supervision and professional development, scheduling, conducting counseling and evaluations, delivering recognition and training team members.
- Directly oversee accounts receivable, credit and night audit functions.
- Prepare budget and maintain spending controls to ensure budgetary limits are met.
- Prepare annual depreciation schedules for furniture, equipment, building supplies, revisions and alterations.
- Review and approve all ledger account reconciliations including, but not limited to, bank statements, assets liabilities and credit cards.
- Coordinate and review monthly financial statements for accuracy and monitor coding of cash receipts.
- Control the internal daily audits of cash deposits, transfers and preparation for and monitoring of the capital budget.
- Prepare financial reports, prepare utilities and telephone accruals, monitor records of inventory and ensure compliance with all established billing and credit standards.
- Review and approve tax returns to ensure compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Work closely and cooperate with the supervisors of all departments in the collection of financial data.
- Ability to handle multiple assignments.
Must have a minimum of 5 years’ experience, hotel and multi property experience. Strong proficiency in accounting. Thorough knowledge of service flow and capabilities in all revenue areas. The ideal candidate will demonstrate effective and professional written and verbal communications and have the ability to effectively maximize revenue for our properties.
- Job Qualifications:
- A 4 year Degree in Accounting; Bachelor Degree in Accounting or Finance
Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university in Accounting or Finance; minimum 5 years related experience in a multi-property hotel environment or equivalent combination of education and experience in full service hotels. Airport Hotel experience preferred. Extensive knowledge of hotel operations, services and accounting. Highly proficient in Microsoft Office; Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook. Experience using/working with M3, OnQ, ADP a plus.