Glen Burnie, MD
Salary: $70,000.00 to $75,000.00 /year
IMMEDIATE OPENING for a Hotel Regional Manager, Remote Based in Southern Pennsylvania or Central Maryland Areas for select service hotels. Salary $70K to $75K with bonus & benefits and travel reimbursement. Travel is required. Must have two of the following: IHG, Choice, Hilton or Marriott. The ideal candidate for this position will have a minimum of five years general management experience with Marriott, Hilton and IHG branded hotels (AT LEAST 2 REQUIRED). This position requires extensive travel.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In this position you will oversee all property operations at each hotel owned and/or managed by the organization. You will work with the General Manager and management team to ensure guest satisfaction, team member satisfaction and profitability of the hotel.
- Understand the rules and regulations of each brand. Ensure that all brand standards are being met by visiting the hotel.
- Stay abreast of any changes coming to the brand and ensure compliance is met at the property level.
- Work with each hotel’s brand representative to ensure the hotel is functioning to its full potential.
- Ensure the cleanliness and quality thresholds are being met for each hotel.
- Conduct weekly visits to properties to ensure overall operational guidelines are being met.
- Review reporting from the brand with GMs on a weekly/monthly basis.
- Monitor the brand website for guest feedback. Work with each general manager to formulate corrective action plans.
- Monitor the various OTA sites for guest feedback. Work with each general manager to formulate corrective action plans.
- Monitor each buying habits of each hotel and look to streamline into monthly purchasing.
- Work with vendors of each hotel to ensure best possible pricing is being received. Look for ways to trim expenses and eliminate waste.
- Enforce company standards in hotels at all times.
- Effectively manage financial performance while upholding quality standards and maximizing the guest experience.
- Enforce high standards of quality, service excellence and cleanliness throughout the hotels.
- Evaluate the performance of team members in meeting objectives to determine areas of potential cost reduction, improvements or policy changes. Develop action plans and prioritize steps with metrics in place to measure performance when goals are not being met.
- Monitor the brand’s reward programs and make certain the required thresholds are being met.
- Assist with any employee relation issues.
- Participate in monthly P&L calls.
- Evaluate the overall performance of each property and look for ways to streamline the operations.
- Work with the VP of Hotel Operations to develop policies and procedures to improve efficiency.
- Participate in training programs offered by the brands.
- Assist with the facilitating of manager’s meetings.
- Stay abreast of all market trends.
- Stay abreast of all changes taking place in the industry.
- Hold all team members accountable for results.
- Push General Managers to make sound decisions and be proactive vs. reactive.
- Ensure the proper monthly reports are being completed in a timely fashion.
- Monitor daily numbers for each hotel and look for any abnormalities.
- Cultivate an environment where all team members respect and adhere to company standards or integrity and ethics.
- Assist with the opening of new hotels and acquisitions.
- Night and weekend work may be required to meet specific deadlines and commitments. This position will require 3-4 nights travel per week.
- All other duties as assigned.
Minimum five years hospitality experience with multiple brand knowledge preferred
Ability to read and interpret hotel financial reports
Computer Skills – basic knowledge required. Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook
Must be able to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time
Must maintain a valid drivers license with reliable transportation
Must be able to read, speak and communicate effectively in the English language
If you are looking for a challenging and rewarding career and want to travel on the road to success with us, then we want to hear from you. Send your resume in word or pdf format and salary requirements.